Thursday, August 18, 2011

New Stuff from Holiday Mini



Hi Everyone, I really liked the sketch they had this week over at A La Card Monkey Challenge, so decided to do a second card. You were supposed to do a sympathy/thinking of you card to go along with the sketch. The first time around I did a sympathy card and basically followed the sketch, This time around I've done a thinking of you card, and I flipped the sketch. I'm also trying to be a bit more creative with my color choices, as I think sometimes we all get stuck in a rut and use the same colors that we feel comfortable with. So for this card I used, Sahara Sand, More Mustard, River Rock, and Cajun Craze. I am also using a new stamp from the set called Always Thankful, coming out on Sept 1, in the new holiday mini catalog. Thanks for looking
Cindy

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card Cindy.
    I agree, I know I seem to pick my favourite colours when creating.
    As for your question I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great. I love that you turned the sketch. It looks good!

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS! LOVE how you have colored it, Cin! Great colors, too....

    hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, beautiful image and fantastic colour scheme too.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete