Sunday, September 5, 2010

Ho Ho Ho

Well I guess there are a number of us getting into the spirit of making Christmas cards or at least trying to get a head start on making them. This card was done for two challenges and it uses the new designer paper, as well as the new ribbon, and set Jolly Old Saint Nick from the Holiday Mini catalogue which just was released on the first of Sept. So far I must say that this is the best Holiday catalogue I've seen. There is something for the cute, something for the young and young at heart, and even some of the old vintage style stuff. Also Stampin Up has come out with some really nice fabric to enjoy doing your holiday sewing as well. So if you need anything or want to browse, just click on the picture of the catalogue and it will take you there.
This Card was inspired by the sketch at Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge, and by using this paper and design it called for Distressing which is what Stamptacular Sunday challenge is wanting us to do this week.

Items used:
Stamps: Jolly Old Saint Nick, Morsel Greetings (See-D's)
Card stock, Real Red, Early Expresso,
Designer Paper: Deck the Halls
Markers: Cherry Cobbler, Real Red, Blush Blossom, Blushing Bride.
Accessories: tombow glue,dimensionals, glue dots,  dazzling diamonds, distress tool, 1/8 in real red taffeta ribbon, real red button, linen thread

6 comments:

  1. I like the sparkly trim on the hat. Fun holiday card.

    I too got an early start this year. In past years I waited until late November to make my holiday cards then made them all the same, assembly line style. I dreaded it and it stressed me out. So this year I made myself a personal challenge to make and post one holiday card every Thursday. I've kept up with it and now have 35 of the 50 cards I need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy, this jolly old guy just winked at me! LOL! What a delightful card - I love fuzzy hat & the papers are perfect for this creation! Thanks for joining us at SSC this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Santa! Cute card!Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Love the detail on Santa and a great layout!
    Thanks so much for playing along this week at Stamptacular Sunday ♥ Good luck on our Distressing challenge!
    Dee (Spryte)
    Sprytebyrds Spot

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful Christmas card. Love that Santa.
    Thanks for playing with us at The Sweet Stop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dimension on the santa! :) I'm so glad you could join us this week for our Distress challenge at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge.
    Pleasantly,
    Paula

    ReplyDelete